"Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, Living to Serve"
With 5 advisors and over 150 members, the Southern Nash FFA Chapter is paving the way for young leaders in agriculture. We are supported by our community, alumni, and stakeholders who share our love for leadership and agriculture. Exciting things are in store for our chapter as we relentlessly pursue excellence in agriculture. Here are some of the activities we participate in:
- Career Development Events such as Tool Identification, Agricultural Mechanics, Parliamentary Procedure, Public Speaking, Job Interview, Livestock and Horse Judging, Truck and Tractor Driving, Agronomy, Ag Sales, Meat Evaluation, and Farm Business Management.
- State and National Convention
- Ag Expo Career Fair, State Fair, Southern Farm Show
- Elementary School Ag Literacy Days
- Spring 4-H Livestock Show and the Blue & Gold Livestock Show
- Student Committees: Fundraising, Public Relations, Recruitment, Recreation
- State Leadership Conference and Rec Camp at White Lake
Who can join? Anyone with an ag class during the year is already a member! No Dues!
We have over 300 members!
Advisors: Mike Bartholomew, Kristina Brake, Tori Whitley, Reuben Ledbetter, and Allison Mangum
Meetings: Monthly meetings on Friday during 4th period Firebird Focus (in the Cafeteria).
Follow Us on Instagram and Facebook!